INDIAN RIVER CORVETTE CLUB
NEWSLETTER

President
  Rob Callery   Vice-President Bill Ulisky    Secretary Sandy Ericsson    Treasurer Amy Harp

March 2004

MARCH BIRTHDAYS
1 - Freddy Cernuto,  3 - Betsy Cegelis
9 - Richard Powers,  15 - Terry Smith
17 - Tom White,  20 - Linda Gillespie
25 - Dan Bryant, Karl Steene, Toni Dolan
31 John Mulligan , Guillermo deLeon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL!

President Rob Callery welcomed everyone to the Friday the thirteenth general meeting.  45 members filled the dining room at Bombadiers.  Scott, from  Sid Banick Insurance,  spoke briefly about our insurance coverage. Bryants won the 50-50 drawing and we adjourned for blackberry cobbler at Cracker Barrel.

February's  Mystery Dinner Run was organized by Tom and Hollyann.  18 cars caravanned to Chilies in Port St. Lucie.  They had a special menu for the club.  It was another great evening for those attending.  Thanks Tom and Hollyann. 

On Feb 28, AACA hosted the annual Under The Oaks antique automobile show at Riverside Park.  23 Corvettes shared the park with rows and rows of vintage antique automobiles.  Indian River Corvette Club had a strong showing with 16 Corvettes.
The weather was uncooperative until after lunch, but the sun finally  managed to warm things up.  Following the show the club again prepared and devoured 10 quarts of homemade Hobo Stew .  Thanks go out to Terry and Sue, who organized the event, Denver and Sharon for donating the cooker, and everyone who brought their cars out  for the show.   

Speaking of AACA shows, Bonnie and Karl, Frank and Linda, and Dick and Lucy attended the Southeast Regional AACA show in Melbourne or March 6.  Older Corvettes made a nice showing. Craigs showed their 54, number 3289, and  Nolan brought his 55 Gypsy Red V-8.  Other Corvettes included a  Polo White 56, a Roman Red 61,a Fawn Beige 62, a Riverside Red 63 split window coupe, and a Sunfire Yellow big block 67.  

PHOTOS FROM CLUB EVENTS ARE POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE

March Activities

12-  IRCC regular meeting
13  Chevy Show at Moroso
13*  Titusville Corvette Club Benefit Show at Ecklers
13* St Pats Parade on Ocean Drive
20 * Daytona Spring Show at the Track
19-21 * 12 Hours At Sebring
30 * Mystery Dinner Run

Visit  www.ircorvettes.com

DUANE AND JOANNE WOLF MEMBER # 47 

Duane Wolfe is known around Vero Beach as "The Shark Man".  A feature article on Duanes shark fishing near the old Crustys restaurant made the front page.  He loves coming to Vero from his home in Akron, Ohio, in his Torch Red 2000 Convertible.  Joanne is always at his side sharing each exciting moment.   
We haven't seen Duane and Joanne since last July when they caravanned with us to Bowling Green, KY for the 50th Anniversary celebration.  An October trip back to Vero Beach was cancelled by the Wolfes because Duane was diagnosed with lung cancer.  Duane continues to battle the cancer and would like to make the trip down in the spring.  Surgery removed one lung and 60% of the other so Duane is functioning on 40% of one lung and a constant supply of oxygen.  He has survived numerous  kemo and radiation treatments. 
On a brighter note, Duane and Joanne were married on March 2, 2004.  Congratulations Duane and Joanne!
They would love to hear from their friends in the Indian River Corvette Club.  Write them at:
1696 Hampton  Akron, OH  44305